There is a new trend out there: COOLING VESTS (COOLING JACKETS). These are the reasons Howling Dog Alaska does not offer them:
- We offer proven and functioning equipment only.
- In our opinion cooling vests are just a sales gimmick.
- The effect of a cooling vest is minimal and short-lived.
- You can put any dog coat on, soak it and call it a cooling jacket.
- A cooling vest/cooling jacket won’t cool the dog off in a long run. Quite the opposite.
- The material (even if wet) will warm up to the dog’s body temperature quickly.
- The temperature under the fabric will rise drastically.
- Putting a dog jacket on – even if it is called a “cooling” jacket (or any layer of fabric) during warm part of the year will eventually make the dog hotter.
- We feel that “cooling” jackets/”cooling” vests are not beneficial for a dog. Just soak the dog’s fur or let him jump in the water to cool off!